Strategic Planner – Bristol
£40,000 - £50,000
The company: Injecting a dose of creativity into healthcare communications If you like to make things better, you’ve come to the right place. Our client is a proudly independent, agile Med Comms and Advertising agency dedicated to bringing much-needed creativity to healthcare marketing. They believe data and stats have their place, but if you truly want to change hearts and minds you need to move people; make them feel something.
The agency’s strategic and creative thinking has the power to do this. They invest time in creating the truly contagious – ideas rooted in empathy and truth, made to motivate and simple in thought, no matter how complex the science. It’s their cause.
Job purpose: Own, lead and deliver great communication strategies for their clients and the business. Great strategies are ones which inspire belief through their thoroughness, simplicity of thought and clarity of direction.
• Own the strategic and planning phases of all projects.
– Strategy includes business, brand and marketing strategies.
– Planning means communications / activation planning.
• Prepare, lead and run workshops.
• Prepare and lead key (creative) briefs.
• Provide clear direction to creative teams, enabling highly effective, strategically sound and on-brief outputs.
• Oversee insight and evaluation phases.
• Present strategy with passion, persuasion and clarity.
• Continuously improve the agency planning capability.
• Drive the internal upskilling of account and planning teams.
• Help raise the agency profile.
• Positively contribute to the culture of the agency and help grow their employee value proposition.
Measures for the role:
• Client satisfaction on strategic thinking (measured via client survey).
• Strategy / Planning fee income as % of total fee income.
• Existing client growth rate.
• Client revenue.
• Occasional travel is required.
• Usual place of work is Bristol.
• Client requirements and their locations mean working hours vary week to week within the norms of what is expected working within a marketing agency
Considerable experience in:
• Consumer health / wellbeing
• Brand and marketing strategy
• Communications planning
• Working in an advertising and/or marketing agency (comms and digital. PR and media backgrounds
are less suited to this role)
• Collaborating with / presenting to senior client stakeholders
• Workshop planning and facilitation
• Insight creation methodologies and research management
• Campaign / communications evaluation methodologies and research management.
• Business strategy
• Medical device marketing
• Pharmaceutical marketing
• Analytical mind, able to select and filter salient information
• Briefing insight work (to third parties)
• Briefing evaluation work (to third parties)
• Proposal writing and reviewing
• Creative brief writing, briefing agency projects
• Writing, reviewing and coaching teams to produce persuasive proposals
• Strong persuasive presentation skills
• Presentation writing and delivery – including leading cross-functional teams in their preparation
• Word, PowerPoint, excel and other standard office product literate
• Pitching with high levels of success
• Guest / public speaking
• Insight generation
• Strategic thinking
• Human behaviour, behaviour changeand influence
• Health, technology and innovation
• Expert in digital and marketing channels and strategies
• Naturally inquisitive
• Coaching and developing people
• Goal and solution orientated
• Relationship builder
• High attention to detail
• Results focussed
• Excellent written, verbal and non-verbal communication
• Capable delegator
• Digitally savvy
• Always learning – skills, industryand client knowledge, presentation and people management techniques etc.
• Guest / public speaking
• Happy networking
• Growing and developing clients / business
• Commercially savvy
• Able to operate as a client partner / consultative sell
• Marketing or Science degree
• Excited to travel within UK and Europe
• Happy with occasional overnight stays
• Driving license, happy to drive
• Happy to fly