Storyteller – Leeds
£30,000 - £40,000
An opportunity has arisen to be part of a small but growing team at a Personal Branding agency that operates a remote model. While they allow remote working, the ideal candidate will be based less than 40 minutes from Leeds.
We’re looking to appoint a storyteller to join our clients team. As they are a growing agency, the storyteller will be invested in their ambitious plans to scale up over the next few years and expand their client portfolio in the service-based sectors both with agencies and corporate clients.
Reporting directly to the Strategy Leader, this is a multi-faceted position that is ideally suited to a creative, driven, people-focused writer. You must be both a versatile writer and an equally versatile communicator, used to managing your own workload. A background in facilitation, teaching, or customer service would be helpful as the role involves extensive one-on-one interaction with a diverse range of clients.
This is a hands-on writing role. You will be working as part of a small team, so a willingness to innovate and muck in is a must. Crucially, this isn’t a ‘churning out copy’ job. You will be involved in decision making within the business, and you should have strong research skills and the ability to understand new, complex subjects quickly. As you are writing for a variety of clients, you’ll also need to embody the voice and character of each of their clients specifically. The main requirement for this role is being a genuinely great writer and communicator, with the ability to adapt to creating content for a variety of situations
Regular writing tasks will include (but by no means be limited to) creating and editing:
• Personalised social content
• Naturalistic video dialogue
• Internal decks
• Client-facing decks Blogs and marketing materials
We see this writing role as 90% client and writing-focused and 10% strategic.
The successful applicant will have been working in a content writing or writing role for at least the past 3 to 5 years and will be able to demonstrate experience and understanding of how to write for social media, how to write in a variety of voices, and how to research a wide variety of topics.
The agency is a service business, rather than a product-based business. That means the role of storyteller is likely to evolve over time. You will be supporting your colleagues and the agency in writing and editing content, with a workload that you will have to manage around your client-facing responsibilities.
The role is very autonomous and would suit a driven self-starter with strong initiative. You will begin working one-to-one with clients immediately, so confidence is a must!
Ideally, the new Storyteller will have experience in some or all of the areas listed below:
• Experience writing a high volume of diverse content
• Working in a creative role
• A general understanding of marketing, branding, and personal branding
• Knowledge of social media
• Strong research skills
• Editing/proofreading experience
The successful candidate will have at least 3-5 years of writing/copywriting experience/content design experience, with aspirations to progress within the agency over the next 3-5 years.
Academic qualifications in marketing, sales or business will be advantageous, but the experience in marketing, demonstrable to learn new skills will be paramount.
In return, they will provide:
• An opportunity to be an important part of a growing agency that is looking to establish itself as a ‘go to’ provider of personal branding strategy, training and content creation
• You’ll be part of a close-knit agency that puts its clients first at all times but one that also recognises and rewards the hard work and professionalism of its staff
• 27 days holiday, plus a Christmas shutdown
• Extra day holiday for every year completed Early finish on Fridays in June, July & August.
• Heath Care & Wellbeing, choice of Vitality Private Medical Insurance, including rewards for healthy activity or £100 quarterly wellbeing budget for you to treat yourself, such as massage, spa treatment, private yoga session
• L & D – £50 quarterly budget for L & D, including online courses, paid webinars and in person events Strengths assessment for each employee
• Emotional Intelligence assessment for each employee
• Strengths and EQ coaching for aspiring Leaders
• Trip to IBIZA all expenses paid when the agency hits £1 million in revenue