Senior Client Partner – Wokingham
£35,000 - £50,000
Our client’s business is about providing digital solutions. They love solving problems. They’re very clear about their shared values (Skilful, Transparent, Empathetic, Ethical, Reliable), in everything they say and do. They work together – everything they achieve are results from the combined contributions of their team – to provide a quality client-focused service.
They are a technical development agency, they won’t compromise technical performance for aesthetics. Their five core production principles underpin the way they approach their work: accessibility and inclusivity; carbon impact; best practice coding; performance and security.
They are a small agency with a big heart and put a big emphasis on an open, honest and transparent approach to business and prioritising the wellbeing of their team members
About the role
Our Client has ambitious growth plans and are looking for a new client partner to help facilitate that growth, by taking ownership of their client services activities and helping drive decision-making in the business.
This is a newly created role and is the final piece of the puzzle for their new client-centric pod structure. This role will work in close partnership with the Technical Director and Project Manager to deliver a high-quality service to clients, grow key accounts and manage their client engagement processes.
This role needs someone who is commercially focussed, a great rapport builder, happy to roll their sleeves up and get stuck into day-to-day small business life; who wants to be an integral part of business decision-making; strives for continual improvement and is excited about being part of a company going through an ambitious transformation.
All roles are flexible/hybrid UK based, but you must be able to regularly commute to their Wokingham office, as well as occasional travel to client sites.
How you’ll help the business
● Ensure strategic alignment of their client base through tiering assessments, growth strategies or implementing a positively experienced, offboarding approach.
● Take ownership of improving the client-journey, to ensure a positive experience and a high level of service is given to all clients at all stages. Including driving and implementing any required process or system changes.
● Build long term relationships with key clients based on mutual respect and trust – via regular account management meetings and reporting.
● Develop a strong understanding of clients’ businesses, their pain points and long term objectives, to look for opportunities to help them improve their business.
● Be the voice of the client within the team. Know the status of all projects or support tickets for all key clients, to be able to proactively mitigate any risks or client satisfaction issues.
● Take commercial ownership of the client relationship, including project pricing and budgeting, and invoicing at agreed intervals for work delivered. Ensuring the agency meets client profitability expectations.
● Manage retainer and support plans to ensure that an appropriate level of service is being provided to all clients.
● Proactively manage your own sales pipeline and client-growth plans, including keeping sales pipeline / forecast / CRM tools regularly up to date.
● Support the MD with pitching and proposals, to win new key clients.
● Keep up to date with market trends and developments and proactively draw attention to them within the team, helping to drive our communication plans and innovation.
● Increase client satisfaction scores, retention rates and average client spend, as a result of the above activities.
You display the personal characteristics represented in their company values of being skilful, transparent, empathetic, ethical, and reliable. You are self-sufficient and a problem-solver, who is happy to work independently, but wants to feel part of a team. You’re a team player who wants to be part of, and contribute to, a fun and positive working culture. You want to work at a company with ambitious growth plans and be a key part of the decision making that enables that growth. You take pride in your work, have a passion for delivering a quality service to clients, and want to work somewhere with integrity and purpose, that is continually evolving and gives you the opportunity to grow within it.
● Personal alignment to their company values.
● Proven experience working in a similar role in an agency or technology-led environment.
● Knowledge of CMS and web app capabilities (or a strong desire to learn) and the ability to talk to clients confidently about them.
● Great interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain positive relationships with clients and team members.
● Ability to manage a range of tasks, client expectations and meet deadlines.
● Experience with a CRM such as Hubspot, Salesforce or Zoho.
● Passion for customer service.
● An interest in technology and emerging technologies. Desirable
● Knowledge of WordPress and / or Laravel.
● Knowledge of any of the following sectors: education, careers and recruitment, memberships and subscriptions.
● Experience implementing a CRM or driving process change.
● Experience using Macs, Google Workspace and other collaborative cloud-based tools.
What they’d like to offer you
● Eligibility for their bonus scheme based on company performance.
● Flexible working between 9am-5.30pm Monday to Friday*.
● 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays.
● flexible benefits package, designed to let you choose what is most valuable to you, including: enhanced employer pension contributions, personal or family health care.
● Perks for discounted memberships, shopping, freebies.
● Cycle to work and electric vehicle schemes.
● Monthly team recognition awards.
● A relaxed, but professional, friendly working environment.
● Personal development plan and training.
● Team socials throughout the year.