Creative Copywriter – Poole
£32000 - £40000 per annum
We’re looking for an experienced Creative Copywriter to take the lead in creating smart, creatively driven thinking to our client’s global campaigns.
The clients you will be working with make brilliant, mind-bendingly smart stuff that underpins the world we live in – from gas and temperature analytics to 3D vision sensors and predictive IOT technologies that make factories more efficient. The agency’s market-leading expertise and knowledge in these areas make them the ‘go-to’ resource for these industries – and they are retained on the dedication and ability to understand, manage, and deliver the clients complex marketing and messaging needs.
We’d like to hear from copywriters who would like to work with a diverse portfolio of B2B clients based in the UK, Europe, and Americas, as well as be part of the agency’s transition to offering clients a complete, data-driven, content-led programme of measurable lead generation.
As a member of the creative team, you will create concepts and copy to drive a variety of projects (including print, web, mobile, video, and social media), working closely with the accounts and design teams to brainstorm ideas, create concepts, and develop messaging. Personable and proactive, you’ll learn and developing a technical understanding of their clients products and services, so you are able to converse with them at the level they demand, and understand each client’s industry, products/services, branding, and marketing goals.
You’ll also be a decision maker, able to work on your own initiative, as well as integrating yourself into the agency’s close-knit team, enjoying hybrid working with an HQ in Poole, Dorset. You’ll also form a team with their in-house editorial copywriter, working together to ensure overall copy output meets the right quality and creative marks – as well as support each other where necessary.
Objectives of this Role
- Continually raise the bar on creativity, generating fresh copy and creative approaches that connects with the desired audience and drives action
- Comfortably vary voice, style, and other characteristics demanded by the industry, company, or target audience at hand
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of communication and client-related industry trends
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Interpret creative briefs to develop and produce creative concepts through execution on assigned brands
- Research and understand the client’s needs and target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews with subject matter experts, and in-person meetings
- Write original copy for a range of corporate marketing and communications materials
- Collaborate with a team of account managers and creative staff from concept development to delivery of final product
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team, and to client representative as needed, and participate in client pitches on occasion
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback/direction
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in journalism, English, marketing communications, or related discipline
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Minimum 3 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organisational skill and multitasking ability
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Highly organised in account management and time management
- Proven in client liaison and relationship building
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides a plus
- Experience working with content management systems, WordPress, etc.
- A keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
- Social media or content marketing experience useful
Health & Wellbeing
- Private Aviva medical insurance
- Highly flexible hybrid working arrangements
- Pension scheme (4% matched)
Performance & Development
- Proactive personal development allowance, linked to Personal Development Programme
- Performance-related bonus scheme
- Personal carbon footprint ‘double offset’ via Ecologi
- Friendly, open office environment in a great location